Green Imagination

Your Blog for Sharing Green Ideas.

Friday, July 23, 2004

Post Press Conference Wrap-Up

Whew!  That was a lot of work, but clearly worth it.  WBAL in Baltimore and WJLA picked up the AP story (the WBAL version is longer and more complete).  WYPR also sent someone, so hopefully some time next week we'll get a piece done.  The Sun hasn't picked it up yet, but we'll see what happens over the next 3 days.  If they don't pick it up, we can always bombard them with letters and calls!  We'll make sure they pay attention to us.

So, aside from the coverage, how did our candidates do?  Like I was writing during some of the speeches, they did pretty good!  Overall, they stated their points, their reasons for running, what they want to do if elected. (I hope I got everyone, but my apologies if I missed some candidate's speeches--it was really busy keeping time, taking pictures and blogging at the same time).

During the Q&A, the WYPR correspondent asked the candidates how they thought they'd do.  Theresa gave a particularly good response, saying to ask her that on election night to see how much her campaign has grown between today and then.  Maria boldly said, "I'm running to win."  Damn straight she is. 

Anyway, all the speeches were pretty good.  There were a few nerves, but that's no surprise as this was the first public exposure for some of the candidates.  But hey, it can only get better from here!

Several of the candidates thanked me for putting today's conference together.  I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all the candidates for running.  Without them, I wouldn't have had a press conference to put together!  Congrats to all those candidates who are putting their faces and names into the public on behalf the Maryland Greens.  It takes a lot of guts and I for one am proud to be working with so many brave folks. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home